" I love Mommy"
In a few more days, I'll be returning to work. Time really flies. It seems like I was just pregnant yesterday. Sometimes hubby and I would tell each other that we can't believe we're already parents. Doesn't feel like we are a daddy and mommy.
Maternity leave was mostly enjoyable except the first month where my stitches became worse instead of better and my admission to CDC for a drug allergy, on top of all the breast feeding problems and the blues.. I'm glad I persisted with the breast feeding:) This was the time that I've done the most shopping as well:P. Usually I would buy a piece of clothing once a month or every other month. And I would go to 5 different shops to compare prices and see if i can get a similar design at a cheaper price. Now, I just grab and go, but of course still minding the price. It's quite therapeutic doing so. I've never bought soo many pieces of clothing in 2 months, but also I've grown a size bigger and need to buy more working clothes. Excuses:). Also I feel I deserve it after bearing child for 9 months, all the stretch marks, aches, tiredness, out of shape body and of course caring for baby.
Maternity leave was mostly enjoyable except the first month where my stitches became worse instead of better and my admission to CDC for a drug allergy, on top of all the breast feeding problems and the blues.. I'm glad I persisted with the breast feeding:) This was the time that I've done the most shopping as well:P. Usually I would buy a piece of clothing once a month or every other month. And I would go to 5 different shops to compare prices and see if i can get a similar design at a cheaper price. Now, I just grab and go, but of course still minding the price. It's quite therapeutic doing so. I've never bought soo many pieces of clothing in 2 months, but also I've grown a size bigger and need to buy more working clothes. Excuses:). Also I feel I deserve it after bearing child for 9 months, all the stretch marks, aches, tiredness, out of shape body and of course caring for baby.
Some days, I think to myself that I could stay at home and mind the child for the rest of my life. Other days I think I might go crazy doing so. Research has shown that part time working mothers have psychologically and emotionally healtier children, and it doesn't take a genius to explain why. Most of us at my clinic would also recommend a mother who is stressed out with the children to go and find work or get a hobby. Seems it's the fastest and effective way instead of going through all the counselling.
Any how, it's been a blessing and joy to see baby's "firsts" and to think that I'll be missing that in future leaves me with some guilt and discontentment. Baby's first smile, first laugh, first time she could grap her toy, turn her head while lying on her tummy etc. Mommy will miss you baby.
- Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment