Monday, April 26, 2010

Baby's room



We bought the wall decals from this shop at Katong shopping centre called Baby Meadows. I can't remember how many times we went there before we decided on these decals. 2, 3 ,times? Or rather before I decided on them. Initally we bought a wall divider which had pictures of soft toys on them. But after looking at their online catalog again and again and again, we went back to change and top up twice the price for these animal decals. Expensive cos it's Fisher Price and they are reusable as long as you peel it out nicely. My hubby and dad painted the green " grass" when I was in my 3rd trimester but we only pasted the animals when baby came out. Despite the price, I'm really glad we bought this cos baby seems very happy with it. I remember the first time when she began to stare at the different animals on the wall when she was about 2 months. Even now when we change her diaper on the single bed, she will look at the blue and red lizard on the wall and smile or talk to it.Or she'll be in her cot staring at the sleeping leopard.
Before I had baby, I used to think that all these wall decorations and toys were unnecessary and a waste of money. But I guess they do need it for stimulation, learning and to self-entertain. And nothing beats seeing your baby smiling and being happy:)
-Mummy

No comments: