Thursday, May 6, 2010

Work Work

This week, I have started 5 day work.
As the days passed from Monday to Friday, I can feel my energy level dropping, my eyes drooping, my brain stoning. It is really tiring with a job that starts at 8am and having to squeeze with the sardine packed mrt with a heavier than usual bag that contains milk bottles and pump. I guess that's what most average paid working mothers go through. I can't believe that my mom was a housewife, and she had a maid from almost the time I was born, and she gets to play her majhong, and she doesn't have to take public transport, and yet she complains and complains about how much she had sacrificed for us all the years that she wasn't working. But each to her own perception about motherhood.

For now, i cannot imagine being a stay home mother, facing the baby and the four walls. Probably when they kids become more mobile and they start going to school, it makes more sense to stay at home. And you would have some time of your own.
I didn't miss my girl as much as I thought I would. The only times I missed her are the travelling times to and from work and at the end of the day, rushing back to see her. And when I arrive home to greet her, she doesn't care!! No smiles, no coos and ahhss. Just a grouchy face and blank stares. What is this?!! And of course the rest of the time after work is spent with her, playing, putting her to sleep. Even though the time is limited, it is very much enjoyable.

Nowadays, her grabbing skills have advanced and she's reaching out more. Whenever we put our face close to her and talk to her, she'll put her hand in our mouths, touch our nose , pull my hair. She loves it when we talk softly beside her ear. Her expresssion is soo cute, one of listening intensely, smiling and cooing as though she understands what we are whispering about. She has also starting to lift her head whenever we put her on her tummy. Very cute position. We use it to tire her out before she sleeps and when we see that her head is slowly coming down, we turn her over.

Naturally there will be lesser couple time and own time. Whatever time I have with hubby is soo precious. Normally it's the travelling to and from work time since our offices are nearby. Nowadays i also shop online and they post the order to your home. Things online are much cheaper and it saves time and trouble. And there's soooo much cute baby stuff online. I always have to remind myself not to buy. My hubby will tell me she's not worth it. And I'll reason that the rest of our kids might not be girls, so I have to take this opportunity to dress her up. Moreover, this is the only time they will let us dress them.


Let me check your teeth . Say "AHH"



Daddy you got bad breath!!

-Mummy

No comments: